Friday, October 24, 2008

Rachelle update IV

Okay, I psyched some of you out with my fall post that I never posted but I am trying to figure out the Picasa Web books. Anyway, I will get it done by Monday!

So I went to the back surgeon today and I am having surgery Monday. Time is still unknown--the hospital will call me this afternoon to tell me. I have a fragment of my disk on the nerve. They will go in through the back bone--yes they drill a hole and go in an take it out. Risks are: bacterial infection, so I will be on an antibiotic and neuropathy--if they touch the nerve and damage the thin membrane around it, it will cause inflammation and it is very painful (this could last 3-4 months). I can't become paralyzed from the surgery because the spinal cord is not in the area--this the area where the lumbar meets the sacrum. It is an hour and a half surgery. I will only be in the hospital one night but I will be down 10 days. After the ten days I can resume normal activity except the lifting and bending. I am SOOO excited! I am so glad that I finally get to do something about this!!!! Please keep me in your prayers--they have helped me tremendously! We'll let you know after I have the surgery how it went!

7 comments:

Katie said...

WOW - No wait time!!! Call me if you need help figuring out the Picasa web album.

Shellie said...

Ack! That's only in a few days! Let us know if you need any help at all. We'll pray it all goes well, and I'm so glad they're getting that fragment out of you.

The Cranes said...

I forgot to even ask you how the surgeon visit went yesterday. Call me--I'm happy to babysit or bring you dinner or whatever. I can't believe I've talked to you about 10 times in the last two days and didn't think to ask. I can't believe they can get you in so fast! That is great, though, that you don't have to wait. We'll pray it goes well.

RAQ said...

Thanks, the prayers will be helpful! We'll let you know if we need some help!

Erinlizabeth said...

Good luck tomorrow! We're praying for you!

4boyzmdmom said...

We will be praying for you today! Surgery--no fun--I'm feeling empathy! I'm glad you can get this done right away, though, and then be on the road to recovery!

Ginnie Kimball said...

What a roller coaster! I hope everything goes well. I'll be praying for you.