Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Ideas






Last Monday for Family Night we made these paper pieced pumpkins for my nephews and a cousin who are serving missions. We split up into groups since we had 3 pumpkins to make and 9 people. I drew a pumpkin shape on the paper with a pencil so they had a guide and we had glue and ripped paper to use. I should have used black paper but I was just using what I already had at home. I think it worked pretty well and they were creative! I am including a giant pumpkin I have on my mantle that I paper pieced a few years ago--I had extra paper left from an art project I did with my son and his friends. I love it and it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I keep it up until Christmas. I know paper piecing isn't anything new but it is a different way to be creative!

3 comments:

Katie said...

So cute. The missionaries will love them.

4boyzmdmom said...

Great idea...looks easy and inexpensive, but turns out so cute!

Shellie said...

Those turned out real cute!