Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Soup Recipe

We had a super Saturday were we could put meals in a brown gift bag ready to make--we paid for the meals. They had given us samples at church so we could order the ones we liked. I loved the Pumpkin Soup so that's what I bought and since it fits the season I thought I'd share it. We had it tonight and my family mostly chose the broccoli cheese soup. It's got a squashy flavor but it's mild and tasty. Give it a try if you want something different!

Pumpkin White Bean Soup
1 large can pumpkin
1 can coconut milk
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can vegetable broth
1 tsp. sage
salt to taste

Combine ingredients and heat through. One variation is substitute a can of pumpkin pie filling and omit sage for a sweeter soup. Serve with bread or crackers. (6-8 servings)

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Sounds yummy!

The Cranes said...

Mmmmm...I love anything pumpkin and I love soup so I'll have to try it. I better provide another option for the picky kids, though!

Katie said...

Sounds good. I love coconut...I'll have to try it. I made fresh tomato soup using tomatoes from our garden. It turned out pretty good and I you can use canned crushed tomatoes instead of fresh to speed up the process.

RAQ said...

I love tomato soup so hand over that recipe! If any of you have a other good soup recipes let me know!