Saturday, November 6, 2010

Louw Reunion: Day 4: The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone...Bison


We spent lunch at Yellowstone, one we had packed the day before. The lake is gorgeous! Then we got to a valley that had tons of Bison! We had seen some here and there through out the day but then we hit the mother load in the valley--sorry I can't remember the name of it. This left a lasting impression on the kids. I videoed the some male bison fighting! Then we head up to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and the lower falls...WOW! We thoroughly enjoyed this area. We ate at a diner at the visitor center area there. The visitor center was new and really interesting. Then there were 5 or so restaurants and shops nearby. After we ate we went to the Firehole River. We had heard it was a fun place. The water is somewhat warm, and not from the visitors but from the warm water running into the river. The kids jumped in and all the adult men. It was too much work for me--the changing area is way above and there are only 4 of them. I am just too lazy so I walked into the water and that was good enough for me. We tried to hit some other geothermal features on our way back but our car got lost. The other cars found the spots but since it was getting dark they couldn't see much anyway. So we headed home and they met up with us at home. I was disappointed since there were more places I'd like to see but no else wanted to go back the next day. I hope to go back next year for our anniversary!

1 comment:

4boyzmdmom said...

This is a great idea, to document your trip one day at a time! I think that valley is called Hayden Valley--I remember I loved all the bison in that area when I was there many years ago. Yellowstone is so great because there are so many different features--geysers, thermal pools, hot springs, mud pits, wildlife, mountains, canyons, waterfalls, lakes, rivers...so many beautiful and amazing things packed into such a small area!