Friday, February 13, 2009

and I really love. . .

food. So I am not a foodie. I don't watch food shows, but I don't really watch anything! But I love a good hamburger and Mexican food. I also enjoy fancy food it's just not in my budget. I enjoy anything chocolate and find most baked goods irresistible! So in honor of my love of food I am sharing some winter soup favorites in case you need a little variety!

Cauliflower Soup by Chris Orton
1 head of cauliflower, broken into pieces
2 c water
1/2 c chopped onion
1/4 c butter
1/2 c flour
6 chicken bouillon cubes
2 c shredded cheese
2 c milk
Mix all ingredients and cook until tender. (I like to use a smart stick and puree the cauliflower in the pot once it's tender. It tastes like a creamy cheese soup.)

Potato Smoked Sausage Soup (cooks.com)
Saute 1 onion in 3-4 T butter, add 2 T Worcestershire sauce. Peel and dice 4 large potatoes, add to mixture above with 2-4 c water. Cover and cook slow. While potatoes are cooking, brown smoked sausage (2 large links in a package) after slicing the links. Add 1 can of evaporated milk to potato mixture. Add sausage to soup, cook 30-40 minutes.

No comments: