Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Late post on May and Mothers Day...

Well, that's what I get for not writing sooner...I can't remember much. Not that you care but it's for my own personal/family history since I am not current on photo albums or scrapbooks. Ever feel like life isn't quite going how you planned? Like I planned to be more organized--whatever was I thinking? At least I think, at least today, I have made peace with the fact that life doesn't usually go as I planned. But I have found that trusting God helps me to know that it's going to be alright anyway if I am doing my best.

This week we had 6 soccer games, only 2 practices, piano, 3 birthday parties (2 for Zane and 1 for Micah), PTA fundraiser and I was in charge of the dinner part, let's see what else, oh ya, I babysat 2 days for my friend since the normal babysitter was out of town, had scouts, took playgroup to the park for a picnic, went to the Tulip Festival with my side of the family minus my brother Keith and his wife Amber. My dad sat in the car, he wasn't feeling well. Taran and friends were in Knightstock a concert outside at the high school, apparently the sound system wasn't totally working right so it wasn't as good as it could have been but Timo said that it turned out alright.We had already planned the Tulip Festival trip and the concert changed days so we missed the concert. We had to get my family into the Tulip Festival--we have a pass which gets them in at half price. The tulips were beautiful, it was a very nice evening. Tim took me out for Mothers Day Saturday night. Mothers Day was great I loved all the cute things my kids made at school. I told Tim I didn't want him buying something for me from the kids that I just wanted them to make whatever they gave. Taran organized an awesome card from all of them. It was very touching. We had both our parents over for dinner and then ended up inviting my siblings as well. It was a great day and probably my favorite Mother's Day other than my first one! Life goes on... Micah and Izak are in their semi-final games of tournament tonight, same play area and are at the same time just a different field, I will be back and forth! I just hope it warms up some!

1 comment:

4boyzmdmom said...

Wow, your kids go to so many birthday parties! The photos of your family with the tulips are beautiful!