Friday, May 13, 2011

Freedom Friday

So I haven't posted in awhile. There are plenty of great articles to be read that I could have posted a link to but I am tired. Not just the I am tired of life or my crazy busy life but of the politicians.

Does anyone get it besides a few here and there? Or has life got us all so distracted that important principles of freedom are being jeopardized?

I read Fahrenheit 451 this week. I really enjoyed it and was surprised I had never read it before! What am I living under a rock? Anyway, I really was inspired by the book it's insights from the 1950s! If you don't know the book it's a futuristic dystopia. It has these firemen that go around burning books/houses/people because books are illegal. Why? Because they cause discontent or opposition which makes people unhappy. The government keeps the people busy and distracted by activities all day and night. Their living room or parlor walls are big screen TVs--the ideal is for each wall to be one. And the stuff coming through these wall tvs is mostly fluff or propaganda. Anyway, when I walked into Costco after reading the book and there were these huge flat screen tvs all over it kind of freaked me out a little.

Are we letting ourselves be so influenced by the media that we think little about what the government is doing? Do we think it's wrong for people to disagree with the President and his fellow cabinet? Do we think they all should just get along, peace over principle? Come on folks, we have freedom of speech but little by little they want take it away...more power for them. Stay awake, turn of the ipod, ipad, tv and study our Constitution, the Federalist Papers...What kind of world do you want to live in? One full of fear to be contrary to the President or other leaders? That is messed up but it is becoming a reality. We must support those who raise valid questions in our small city councils and in our nation! We must keep ourselves involved as much as we can do at this time. Please help our country and ourselves stay free by being the kind of citizen worthy of this country. God bless America!

1 comment:

4boyzmdmom said...

I've never read that book (I guess I live under a rock too!) but I did see the movie version of it a while back. Very thought provoking!