Sunday, July 18, 2010

So much for my weekly blogging! Here's the scoop!

So last I posted about us it was the week before my birthday, which was a month ago! My PICASA is doing weird stuff so I can't make a collage to show all we have done in a more efficient way. This summer we've planned Monday movie day, Tuesday library day, Wednesday water day (swimming & such)and Friday field trip day. We have stuck to this as a general rule but have switched days when it suited us--summer is great like that! I had a great birthday, Tim took me out the night before to Texas Roadhouse and it was yummy, my sister had the kids at her house because she took them to Strawberry Days Rodeo and then straight home to her house. My mom took me out to lunch and shopping and Tim made me strawberry shortcake for dessert that night! We had Tim's family reunion with all 7 living siblings and their kids from Boston, MA, Fredrick, MD, Pflugerville, TX, San Antonio, TX and Boise, ID along with the locals! It was a blast! We started out Father's Day Sunday going to church together--we took up 6 rows (or pews), Gwen handled her class pretty good in the end! After church I visited my dad and then we went over to Tim's parents' for dinner and an open house type gathering with extended family so they could see all the out-of-towners. That was great to catch up a bit with them. Monday morning we had a family talent show and if I may brag, we are a very talented bunch! Then the kids 10-17 yrs old went to the Space Center for a space mission and they had a blast. The younger kids we took to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Some adults tagged along too. That evening we had family pictures taken by my friend Merrily. That was a feat to get 51 to cooperate! Tuesday we prepared to go to some cabins in Heber that Tim's parents had gotten for us all to stay in. We also went on a hike to Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove and that was fun and a great hike even Gwen did well on it! After a little more prep we left and got up to Heber in time for dinner. We had fun playing Ultimate Frisbee adults vs kids. The next day we went to Jordanelle Reservoir for water fun. At the lake we rented 2 jet skis with tubes to pull people on the back. Everyone had a great time. There was a nice playground nearby too. We had also brought some inflatable boats which helped keep us busy. That night after dinner we had a testimony meeting by the campfire and it was fantastic. We are so blessed to be a part of a family that gets along and everyone is trying to live the best they can. Thursday we packed up and some went to the zoo--Zane and Gwen from our family went to the zoo with Hans (Tim's brother) and my niece Erika and a few others. We took a couple of nephews with us to Park City. We rode the Alpine Coaster and Slide--most of us. Some did the Zip line too. It was so much fun. That night Taran had his Eagle board of Review and we just got his card--he is an eagle scout he just needs his Eagle Court of Honor! Friday morning the teenagers went to the Draper Temple to do baptisms then that evening the adult did sealings and went out to dinner. Later, after we all changed our clothes we met at a park to celebrate Sam's (a nephew) birthday. That was fun too. Saturday morning Emily and Taran were in our city parade (Emily for NOVA and Taran because he is on our city youth council), Izak had a lacrosse game. Later some of the families went bowling, Tim took Emily, Izak, Micah and Zane along with 4 nephews. That week we had 5 nephews staying with us when we weren't at the cabins, they were so much fun! We watched movies and talked and just had a great time! Saturday evening Tim's brother Hans left. That evening we had everyone over to our house to watch the fireworks from our front yard and eat brownie sundaes. It was a simple and fun gathering. Sunday our family went to my cousin Izak Louw's 'homecoming' talk and lunch after at my aunt and uncle's. That was fun since there were cousins and aunts and uncles from out of town there too. We had a great time then we came home and crashed for a couple of hours. After dinner we had everyone (Pew side)here one last time before they started leaving Monday morning. We visited and played games. Monday we said good bye to the 3 boys who were still here and I cried. We really enjoyed having them! Hopefully it won't be 5 more years before we see them! That next week was trying to get back to 'normal' we did get to spend time with Tim's brother Curtis who stayed that next week. We went to the Children's Discovery Garden one day. That night Tim and I celebrated our anniversary by going to a movie and dinner. Saturday we celebrated the 4th early with Tim's family at his parents and those who live around here and Curtis' family. Tim made peach ice cream--yummy! Sunday we went to my brother Keith's for the 4th and celebrated with them, my parents and Amber's parents. Tim made peach ice cream again! Teresa and my brother Charl were both out of town. We watched the DC fireworks on PBS. Monday we went to Bridal Veil Falls with most of Curtis' family. We had lunch there and then we went to Macey's for ice cream--KING KONG KONES for the oldest guys and Tim. The rest of us ate more reasonably! Although no one was really hungry for dinner. We brought Curtis' 3 youngest boys back to our house and they played and watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightening Thief too (Tim hadn't seen it). After dinner we went back to Tim's parents and hung out until we needed to go. We said good bye to Curtis' family then. The kids and I were bummed that all the cousins were gone from out of town. Our consolation is that we still have some close by!Since then we have been doing visits to the dentist and doctor--check ups and follow ups. Last Sunday we had dinner at my parents and got to see Teresa and Charl who were back from their trips. That was fun and Teresa told us all about her trip to Gettysburg and surrounding areas--a special class she was chosen to attend! Monday Tim's parents had us over for a delicious dinner and my parents. We all sat and watched the Homerun Derby after, it was a very pleasant evening! Emily went to camp this last week and I decided on Tuesday to re do her whole room! It was crazy but it all got done and she loved the surprise. Our 2 nephews who live close by spent the night the last night Emily was gone--the boys really wanted to do that. They had fun of course. Friday Tim and I went to the 100 years of Recording Celebration of the MoTab. It was fantastic! Tim's sister Amy and her husband Nate came with us. We went up early and had chinese and then had milkshakes on our way home. We had a lot of fun. Early yesterday I woke up in pain, I had terrible cramping. I had some bug and finally after a couple of hours and a blessing it decided to come out. I mostly laid around recovering. Bummer didn't get much done on a Saturday! Owell. luckily today I was alright to teach my class. So there you go...our month in a nutshell. The kids had parties and fun as well but I am sure you've read enough! I will post photos soon---I hope!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm curious if the cabins you went to in Heber were The Rivers' Edge at Deer Park? That is where we had our reunion with Rich's family the week after the 4th of July. We loved it, but we didn't do as many fun things as you. Next time...

RAQ said...

Yes, it was! That is so funny! Small world!