Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE BIRDS...



It started last year. Our fascia on our porch over our cement pad separated from the post--cement settled. So the birds found a home there last year and I forgot to remind Tim to close it last fall. So this spring they have returned poo and sticks all over the cement and a constant chirping now that the eggs have hatched. I think the babies are close to leaving. The second photo a baby bird's beak (or maybe 2 of them)is poking out. The first photo I took from hiding. I just held my camera where I could see them but where my body was hidden. I was in full view and the mommy bird flew up to feed and saw me a flew back to our grass. So I hid (I am in the house but our back door is a full window) just enough that she came back and I got this cool shot. Tim is fascinated and doesn't mind the mess. I on the other hand want him to seal it up once they fly away. Last year they took pieces of my tomato plants and other plants. I know other birds can do this too but their opening is facing the garden so it's perfect for that! So for now if we don't clean off the pad regularly it looks like a scene from the movie The Birds.

3 comments:

andrea said...

That is fun....but I hear you on the mess! I keep hearing hummingbirds fly over and it reminds me every time that I need to get a new non-leaking feeder.

4boyzmdmom said...

We have birds build nests in our trees in the front and under our deck in the back every year. I don't mind except as you said...they make a mess!!! One of our backyard neighbors have bird feeders and I enjoy the view of all the birds without the birdfeeder mess--nice!

The Cranes said...

That is an amazing shot! Yes, birds are messy. The pigeon population on our roof in Arizona was horrible!